2023 Masterclass Special Guest Teachers
- Giuseppe Modugno is an Italian physicist and professor at the University of Naples Federico II.
- He is best known for his contributions to the field of theoretical physics, particularly in the study of quantum mechanics and its applications to condensed matter physics.
- Modugno has received several prestigious awards for his research, including the European Physical Society’s Quantum Electronics and Optics Prize in 2014.
- He is also a fellow of the American Physical Society and a member of the Italian National Academy of Sciences.
- Majella Drew is a dynamic and passionate teacher of piano, who runs a thriving studio in
Melbourne, where she specializes in working with children from the age of four upwards.
- Majella has performed regularly as a soloist, accompanist, repetiteur and chamber musician throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- She has been an examiner for the AMEB in both theoretical and practical subjects for over 20 years and has
adjudicated at several music competitions and festivals.
- In recent years Majella and her students, through their Annual Student Concert, have raised funds to support a school for
underprivileged children in Missionvale, South Africa.
- Robert Chamberlain is an accomplished and versatile pianist with a wide range of interests and specializations in chamber and ensemble music.
- He holds Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in music from Australia and Vienna and has also studied at the Banff Centre for the Arts in Canada.
- In addition to his successful career as a performer, Robert is in demand as an adjudicator and presenter, having judged numerous music festivals and competitions around the world.
- He has collaborated with a diverse range of musicians and performed in various countries and has also directed an intensive enrichment program for young pianists.
- Indonesian-born pianist Kevin Suherman has appeared internationally since the age of 10, after being awarded the Indonesian National Records Award (MURI) as the youngest pianist to perform 50 classical, pop and jazz pieces, in a concert for 3 hours non-stop and all music memorised, broadcasted on live national TV.
- Kevin has performed as a soloist in over 30 cities and at major concert venues throughout the world, including Wigmore Hall, Steinway Hall, Hamer Hall and the Melbourne Recital Centre.
- On the competition platform, Kevin has won national first prizes from the Australian Youth Classical Music Competition, the Melbourne Recital Centre Great Romantics Competition, and the Royal South Street Chopin Competition.
- Kevin obtained the Advanced Diploma in Performance, Professional Diploma, and Master of Arts degrees from the Royal Academy of Music in London, under the Steinway & Sons scholarship. As a student of Joanna MacGregor CBE, he specialised in Liszt’s Transcriptions of Beethoven Symphonies. Previously, Kevin also studied with Max Cooke OAM at the University of Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, where he obtained his Bachelor of Music (Honours).
- Tony is a Melbourne-based pianist, accompanist, conductor, composer, arranger, orchestrator, keyboard programmer, Italian coach, examiner, and teacher.
- Tony’s performance experience extends beyond 25 years. As a pianist, he has worked as an accompanist, pit orchestra member, chamber musician, and solo artist.
- Most recently, Tony has been engaged in several performances with the Melbourne Opera Orchestra, playing for one of Australia’s leading ladies, Silvie Paladino.
- As an experienced musical director and theatre accompanist, Tony has worked with many theatre companies in both the professional and non-professional circuits.
- Tony is regularly in demand as a teacher, examiner, adjudicator, masterclass facilitator, and accompanist.
- Elyane Laussade is a highly acclaimed pianist who has performed on five continents and established herself as one of Australia’s finest performers.
- She has a powerful, polished technique and a unique interpretive notion, with a rich chamber music involvement, and has performed with various orchestras around the world.
- Elyane is a recording artist and has recorded several CDs, including “Just for You” and “Humanation”.
- Her recent endeavour is the Mozart Project, where she will perform all 27 Mozart piano concertos with orchestras in Australia, and she runs a special series of intimate recitals at the Laussade Studio in Melbourne.